Refrigeration and heat pumping
Refrigeration and heat pumping systems
State of the art
- heat transfer from low temperature to high temperature providing work,
- used in household appliances, automotive industry, aircraft industry, process, chemical and pharmaceutical industry, building system installation.
What do we do?
- field test,
- experimental evaluation and optimization of systems.
Modification of existing devices/elements, Predicitive control of devices/elements
Within this domain we are intensively working on improving the energy efficiency of systems and devices that are based on vapor-compression cycles as well as Peltier effect. Our work is based on numerical as well as experimental research studies in a laboratory and real environments. Based on numerical simulations several components of a system/device are optimized which impacts the performance of a system/device. Evaluation of energy efficiency of a device or a system can be used to evaluate new solutions on existing devices/systems. To achieve those results the following measures are used:
- Integration of new elements inside the system/device (heat exchangers, heat or sound insulation, regulation valves, …),
- Modification of existing elements (geometry of a heat exchanger, mass charge of a refrigerant, boundary conditions of a device/system performance…) and
- Predictive control of a device/system by considering the optimization criteria of system performance. Those criteria can be: energy efficiency, cost-effectiveness, comfort, etc.
Experts in the field
Do not hesitate to contact us via e-mail or by telephone. You can also visit us at the Faculty of Mechanical Engineering in Ljubljana
Aškerceva ul. 6